Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 14 TSFL Part 2

As i mentioned earlier today I was feeling pretty unmotivated and tempted by a lot of the options I used to go to on a regular basis. I decided that it was a good idea to pick up and finally start "really" reading Dr. A's book.  I'm in chapter two and this quote really caught my attention because I think I'm on the cusp of this very fight.... 

                                                           Changing Our Focus
In our instant-gratification society, we tend to think of weight loss as a destination.  In fact, it's really just a first step.  Optimal health is a journey based on lifestyle change - a re-orientation from merely hoping to lose weight (all the while succumbing to daily stress and making poor choices) to creating health by allowing our minds and bodies to work together. That's very different than focusing on weight alone! (Anderson, W.S., Pg 16)

Read through chapter eight. Feeling more motivated and hoping to see good results tomorrow.  I realize I can make some other smarter choices in my journey.  

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I just commented that you should read his book. I love it!

    ReplyDelete