Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tomorrow is Day One of my TSFL diet

Tomorrow is the first day of my Take Shape For Life (TSFL) diet.  I'm nervous. I'm hesitant, but I'm also very excited.  I'm really excited to one day weight 130 lbs.  I have not weighed that since middle school - although I was very close to that weight when I was a sophomore in college I got down to 135. Overall this will be a journey to lose about 35lbs altogether but make a change once and for all.  The diet calls for me to eat a designated meal from TSFL every two to three hours a day plus one lean and healthy meal. The meals are obviously reduced calorie snacks/meals.  I am supposed to feel weak(ish) for up to three weeks.  

I plan to really struggle the first bit and hope I will be able to overcome my issues by keeping a motto that I once heard uttered by a woman I respect greatly (Pat Kopf) "Eat to live don't live to eat", and by being wishful for a future where I am healthier, have more energy, more self-confidence, etc. 

Upcoming challenges I know that will be facing my way are the numerous weddings that are coming up that I am participating in. I plan to stick to my diet as strictly as possible except when directly involved in the wedding.  I think it's important to still participate and not be that person who won't eat anything because it's without the diet. I will be sure to make conscientious choices though that are healthy and in line with my goals. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm smiling to myself because I think you're anticipating greater challenges than you will actually find with this program. It's so easy and effective! And it IS a lifetime program of health, exactly what you want for your future (diets just don't work). As you lose the fat you will learn habits that will allow you to enjoy all those great events; once you hit goal weight you will know how to stay there and enjoy all the foods you love. As I shared, Chuck & I ate LOTS of great food and even drank with friends at the TSFL Nation Convention this past weekend and came home actually having lost a few pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete