Monday, July 22, 2013

Day One on TSFL Diet

Today is supposed to be a very challenging day for me since it's Day 1 of my weight loss program. I'm really not picky so I haven't found too many issues with the food or the plan so far. Cooking my lean and green meal is really what stresses me out.  Apparently you're not supposed to put aluminum in the microwave when you don't have clear plastic wrap.. oops!  

This morning I weighed in at 164.6.  I am fairly happy with that because a couple of weeks ago I weight around 168.  After I had food poisoning I was down to 162 but I figure at least two lbs of water could account for why it came up.  Right now is really the only time I've felt particularly hungry.  I have decided that I need to wait another hour before I allow myself to eat anything again but that's still sticking with the plan.  I think the majority of my weight gain is from lack of planning and possibly lack of eating. 

One thing I did today was try on my bridesmaid's dress for my best friend's Katy's wedding.  I cannot even come close to saying how disappointed I am in my body in that dress.  Although it is a beautiful dress, I just don't like how I look in it.  It makes me really wish I would have started this process a lot sooner rather than waiting.  Oh well - hopefully I'll be in good dress shape by April 26th 2013 and continue it for the rest of my life!

As I went throughout the day I realized that a lot of my issue with weight comes not from being a foody of some sort where I really treasure how things taste but a lack of patience and of convenience. I also tend to wait and ignore hunger for so long that when I'm hungry I just want to eat as much as I can so I don't waste time eating again in the future. One thing I need to continue to get better at is spending more time eating my meals. Even as a kid our whole family would wolf down our food.  This has been a habit that has carried over onto adulthood that I realize forces me to continue to eat even after I am actually full. 

Chris (my fiance) is sitting here now so I figure I should get going.  About to call and talk to my health coach through TSFL, Theresa Trella.   Wish me luck on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment