Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day Three of TSFL

I've decided that I need to stop calling this a diet.  I'm not doing a "diet" I'm changing how I eat and know what I'm putting in my body. I'm not going to lie -there are a ton of bad habits that I have that I know need to change for me to be healthy/happy in the long term.  Surprisingly I do not feel that this transition has been that difficult. I've done weight watchers before and when I first started that out I remember being SO hungry the first few days as my stomach shrunk.  The only side effect I've seen is my head really hurting.  Although - this could be from the crazy weather we have had and be a sinus headache.  It's not pleasant but it's manageable.  I also have had a bit less energy but nothing too crazy.

Today for my lean and green I had tomatoes (huge hit!) and tuna. The tuna was okay but was very dry. Hopefully I can get a recipe of something I can add to it to make it easier to get down. I honestly threw about 1/4 of it away because it was too dry.  I find myself picking at my food a lot more.  One question I have about the 5 to 1 that I need to ask my coach about tonight is the timing of the meals?  I know you're supposed to take 20 minutes to eat a meal but my question is when the actual timing of the next meal occurs. For instance if I start a meal at 7am but finish it at 7:40am do I need to wait another two to three hours after 7am or 740am for my next meal?  So far I've been going by the start time.  Hopefully that's correct.

One thing I cheated at today was I jumped on a scale while at the Rec Center.  I did this around 11am (in between meals) and with all my clothes and everything on.  *Obviously since this scale is on the main floor at the Rec Center and next to an office door I often walk by.  I guess one of the perks and disadvantages of working at a Recreation Sports Center.

i have been consciously taking the stairs more at work instead of the elevator.  I have also been attempting to tell as many people as possible about what I'm doing. Everyone so far has been incredibly supportive. I actually had a meeting in the evening where we met up at local bar for some drinks and conversations. Everyone ordered beer and had some pretzels to munch on. I just drank water the whole time and while I did get a somewhat "why are you doing that" from one colleague the other two were incredibly supportive. *Perk of working with Recreation people.   I later explained how the main reason I started on this was the blood clot that was discovered in my leg in May. It was something that really had my concerned and looking at my health.  Since then I've stopped drinking pop and have decided to invest my money and efforts towards TSFL.  Hoping to see evidence of this paying off on Monday officially since I should be entering the fat burning zone soon.  Other than my headache - feeling fairly positive.  

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment