Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day Seven TSFL

Today was another good day - there are definitely times when I want to eat more food or snack on something but then I think to myself... Why? I'm not even hungry?!   I won't lie I'm still tempted by lots of food and thoughts of eating things but it's my hope that after a few weeks these cravings and thoughts will get far and few between. It kind of reminds me of giving up Diet Coke. I remember that for about a solid two to three weeks I would crave diet coke but then all of a sudden I realized I no longer thought about it.  It was truly an addiction. I'm hoping that this will be the same for some of my random cravings I have throughout the day.

I feel bad for my fiance. He hasn't eaten all day and because I'm on the diet we can't really eat the same things anymore. I am about to go and pick him up a pizza from La Rosa's though which makes me happy because I still want him to feel like he can eat around me and such.  Due to the fact I'm doing lean and green during my lunches it really just leaves my medifast meals for when I'm home. HE has been very supportive though which is fantastic. I just know he feels bad because he sometimes wants to socially eat with me and I'm really trying to stick to this.  Fortunately it's only been a week so once again maybe we'll just get used to this routine together.  I do love him so much!

I'm trying to be proactive regarding tomorrow's lean and green. Unfortunately I work 1230p-930p with a 40 minute commute.  On top of that I have programming from 115p-415p and then again 6p-930p. I don't mind snacking on medifast meals while I'm with a group especially since they're so quick and easy.  I'm not sure when I'll sneak in my lean and green... Hm...

8a wake up
830 medifast
11a eat lean a green?
1p eat medifast
4p eat medifast
6p eat medifast
9 eat medifast

Sounds like a plan to me!  I think I will have one of my salmon's for lean and green tomorrow and maybe mix up a little salad or something for the side.   After I pick up LaRosa's i'm going to be taking a bubble bath since it's one of the things I earned by dropping below 165.  Hoping I can make it to the salon sometime this week because I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be less than 160 which means I can get my eye brows waxed. Woo-hoo!  Lol  

165 Bubble Bath
160 Eye Brow Wax
155 Pedicure 

4 comments:

  1. Maureen - I use one portion of green with my Medifast meal at lunch. (i.e. a small salad with greens, cucumber, and a celery stalk cut up) That way I get a little bulk at lunch time, and can have my lean and green at dinner time. Now - ideally - that would be reversed, and I would have my BIG lean & green mean at lunch, and a meal replacement with a small salad for dinner. BUT - I like being able to have what Theresa prepares for lean & green fresh at dinner time with her and Celine in the evening. Point is - you CAN spread your "green" out in order to have something a little more substantial at two times of the day. Also - there have been days where I just HAD to have something else. SO - on those days rather than going off plan. Just allow yourself an extra Medifast meal for a "snack". OR - don't forget about "approved" snacks while you're on 5&1. 3 Celery stalks, or a nice deli pickle, etc. Look that up and don't forget that these are ok for when you feel the need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have the kind of support your fiance is giving you! Have you started reading Discover Your Optimal Health yet? The biggest place for an overhaul of health is the mind, and there are great tools and techniques to deal with the kind of cravings you're talking about. Just remember that you will be developing healthy habits during this weigh loss portion that will allow you to go back to eating all those things that you want because you know HOW to manage your health! And these habits apply to everyone whether they need to lose weight or not. Maybe you AND your fiance can read the book together! P.S. did I post previously the idea of doing a professional photo shoot as a reward for when you reach your goal weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, there's no reason you can't share meals together, btw. I would make one dinner and just add a statch side dish for my son who wasn't on the plan. Also, you can go out to eat together and choose lean & green options and take home anything over and above the correct portion to have the next day! Have you checked out the great information and tips at www.mygreatpotential.com? Look under Fat Burn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll take that into consideration after a few more weeks. Chris sometimes doesn't even eat dinner really because it depends on whether he eats a big lunch.

    ReplyDelete