Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 50 - 52 TSFL

My Weight Loss Journey (Half way there)

I do not claim to be an expert at this "blogging" thing. In all honesty, I'm probably pretty bad at it. But I started out with the intent of doing something and being completely honest. At this point today I can say I honestly have made an impact in my life for the better.  Today is the day that I'm going to share the blog with all of my friends in celebration - not fear or anxiety.  I have lost over 20lbs in just over 50 days by making healthy choices, changing my life style and sticking to a proven system. I had a conversation today with my health coach, Teresa Trella, and really firmly believe that I am now a huge advocate for the Take Shape For Life plan and program through this experience.  Yes, I am getting supplemental meals at this time so I am eating somewhat designated food, but it feels different. I'm creating.... no..... I've created healthy habits where I eat every 2-3 hours.  I look to eat lean meals at restaurants. I don't let what I can or can't eat control me like on some diets but really try to just make good decisions as I'm trying to read a total weight loss of 35-40lbs.  

So - let's take a step back... I started this journey probably over the summer whether I admit it or not. I, at the ripe age of 28, got a blood clot in my leg from sitting down too much on a drive and for whatever other reasons were out there. I was really struggling with the fact I didn't feel physically fit for my job at a recreation sports center, and honesty was avoiding pictures with my fiancĂ©.  I knew things had to change. I considered weight watchers (which I did successfully in college but then bounced back after being diagnosed with thyroid).  I had tried off and on to just make good decisions when it came to eating but nothing was working.  Fortunately, I had made a friend at my church in New York who led the Youth Group and had become Facebook friends with her. Every day for 30 days she posted an inspiring story about people who had followed the Take Shape For Life method and program and lost and kept the weight off.  

At some point I contacted her and said, okay, tell me more. I was inspired by the stories but skeptical to see whether I could do the same. One of the perks was that I was eating Medifast five times a day and then was responsible for another small meal on my own.  Given the fact cooking terrifies me it was a good way to kind of wean me into trying out new things... The good thing was I had set meals that I tasted good and I didn't really have to think about it that much.  

As time passed, I got more interested in what the program was about and was surprised and excited about the foundation being really to get America and the world healthy.  I didn't feel like it was a plug for the meals or anything, having a coach made it about the overall impact.  

This being said - I still have some to go.  To put it out there (which is sad and embarrassing) I weighed around 168lbs and was 5'1 a week or two before I started this program.  I now weight 143.8 and it keeps going down. My goal is to get to 130 or a little lower which is ideal for my height and age.  

I honestly don't share this to try to see anybody on anything but because it was something I promised myself I would do. It's been my goal to personally track my progress, frustrations, energy, in a blog so I could look back and see progress along the way to help with motivation or to prove the program didn't work.

Looking forward I know I can do this and I know that I have so much more energy and feel so much better about myself.  Bringing all of my friends and family into this journey is a bit scary but you are all a part of my life. I promise I will not post links every day to Facebook or wherever about my blog for the day because I honestly don't think a lot of times it's that interesting. I will try to share milestones with happy events in my life.

With Love,
Mo 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, MO!!! Shine your health and joy for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You picked a perfect day to do this: it's National Discover Your Optimal Health Day! :)

    ReplyDelete